Site Inactive

Membership

Kinship Summary

Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kindred of the Inner Flame Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amethrayne
Amethrayne
Leader

re: What is the most recent movie you've seen?

Last night we watched Gnomes & Trolls: The Secret Chamber. I'm not even sure why I ended up checking it out from the library. My best guess is that I was viewing the list of most recent library DVD acquisitions and it looked interesting. It was made by the writers of Toy Story, so we decided to give it a try. I tend to like fantasy adventure stuff, even when it's children's videos and animated stuff. What surprised me a little is that both of my parents also enjoyed it.

It was a cute story about a 75 year old gnome "child" who liked to invent stuff, but his father thought it was all silliness and of course wanted him to follow in his own footsteps and provide food for the animals of the forest. Then all the food was stolen by some trolls and it was up to the "young" gnome to save the day. One of the funniest parts was the stupid troll who thought it was the grandest of compliments when his smarter brother troll called him the grandest buffoon in the forest so he started running around telling everyone that HE was the buffoon and no one else like it was the greatest thing in the world to be a buffoon. Happy

Cute movie if you like family-friendly silliness.

What movie(s) have you watched recently? Like?/Dislike?/Why?

Lastest movie I saw was one that was on demand - Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

1) Michael Cera
2) Film is made for people with short attention spans (me)
3) Special Effects
4) Super Hero Power BATTLES!
5) Sexy girls

Dislikes:

This movie is awesome all around. If you're not in the mood to watch a psychological thriller or heartwarming drama then this film is for you. It entertains and is funny. Don't get me wrong, I watch my fair share of other genres. (Like David Finch's Inland Empire)

Tell me your thoughts. Ellen Wong was so adorable in this movie, I grasped my mouth at every scene where she had a sad face. SO CUTE
Amethrayne
Amethrayne
Leader

lotrochris wrote:
Lastest movie I saw was one that was on demand - Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

1) Michael Cera
2) Film is made for people with short attention spans (me)
3) Special Effects
4) Super Hero Power BATTLES!
5) Sexy girls

Dislikes:

This movie is awesome all around. If you're not in the mood to watch a psychological thriller or heartwarming drama then this film is for you. It entertains and is funny. Don't get me wrong, I watch my fair share of other genres. (Like David Finch's Inland Empire)

Tell me your thoughts. Ellen Wong was so adorable in this movie, I grasped my mouth at every scene where she had a sad face. SO CUTE

I'm glad someone finally responded to my thread on this subject!! :D I'll have have to check my On Demand and see if this movie is available. Maybe my mom will want to watch with me. We actually just picked up two new movies from the library today too. I'm not usually too much into psych thriller types, so fluff movies are often right up my ally. Thanks for the review. I'll let you know what I think if I get a chance to watch it!

I was hoping that Rana would write up her thoughts on How to Train a Dragon after she saw that since she was talking about it on the kin line a few weeks ago but she didn't. *cries*

Men who stare at Goats.

Get it ..its friking hilarious Happy
Amethrayne
Amethrayne
Leader

re: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Tonight Mom & I watched Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I really enjoyed it. Just my type of movie. Lots of action and special effects. A fair bit of humor, a touch of romance. An ancient mythological/fantasy theme. But nothing too serious. Overall the movie was pretty light-hearted. I guess in most ways it was pretty predictable but I still enjoyed it quite a lot and would probably enjoy watching it again and again.

Jump to: