Site Inactive

Membership

Kinship Summary

Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kindred of the Inner Flame Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lalelriel

re: Hey Everyone

Haven't been on lately because my Mom went into Hospice on Tuesday. She is in the last stages of Alzheimers and has Phneumonia. They say she could pass at any time. I just pray she is at peace soon. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all again soon.
terialk
Officer

omg I hope things turn out okay Lal! Don't worry about the game, just focus on your family and keep things together. I wish I could help in some way

- Teri
Tarnanduil

I had a great aunt who had Alzheimers, loved her so much. She was a strong lady until the end. I'll be praying for you and your mom, that you both remain strong.

Tarn
Amethrayne
Amethrayne
Leader

I also had a grandmother (my dad's mom) who had Alzheimer's. My mom took care of her for the last year of her life when she couldn't care for herself anymore. Some of the things she would do were humorous in a way and tragic in others - like trying to feed the cat beer and all manner of other things because she didn't seem to know what cats eat anymore. She still managed to get up on her own every day though and died while getting dressed (putting her shoes on) one morning, probably a heart attack or aneurysm. She was always an active woman and stayed active until the very end even though she'd slowed down a bit in the last couple of years.

Any kind of dementia is really tough to deal with, so I also pray that your mom finds peace soon. I think it would be horrible to lose your cognitive abilities and so much worse to be aware of it, and sometimes Grandma seemed to know that her brain didn't work right anymore and it upset her. I know I get frustrated by even the little things brought on by whatever is going on with me and the meds I've been prescribed and it's nowhere near as severe as anything like Alzheimer's.

My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Jump to: